 General / 39558
  LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

(BUSINESS WIRE) 11-21-2002 from ENFIELD, Conn. LEGO® Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach; Toy Awards and Strategic Partnerships Usher in Strong Holiday Season and Promising New Year for Creative Toy Brand. Momentum is building for the LEGO® brand (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

(...) This is great news. Great job, Lego. No mention of Galidor. (50% off at TRU). (...) EXPLORE (...) Who else misses the "Duplo" brand name. Which well loved Lego brand will be the next victem of marketting consultants? (...) to (...) What I want (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

Lego SHOES. This I have got to see. Now, if only I could convert a cross-trainer (a possibly unhealthy shoe) to a running shoe and to a soccer shoe by BUILDING LIKE CRAZY-- that would be innovative. When I was a kid we had to make our own shoe (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

(...) The only products that have renewed my confidence in LEGO® the past year or so has been the Legends, new trains, and MOC series (...) DUPLO®...called by another name (...) And like all collectable fads (Pokemon, Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

That's soo hilarious. I think its sad how "blinded" the Lego Company as a whole (minus Lego Direct) is directing its business plan. From what I've seen from the new sets, I would rather keep collecting the older stuff. There are some exceptions: a) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

(...) <SNIPPED> (...) <MORE SNIPPING> (...) <HERE'S THE MEAT> (...) Depending on how this deal has been struck, this could be some of the best business/financial news to come out of the LEGO company in years. If it is Nike that is making shoes based (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

(...) Yeah, yeah, we know... and you had to walk uphill both ways in the snow to school in them.... :-) Maggie C. (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

(...) Given LEGO®'s recent history, they'll probably use the profits to further expand the Bionicle and Galidor product lines (at the expense of Legends and such) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Momentum 'Builds' as Holidays Approach

(...) Greater fleas have lesser fleas upon their backs to bite them And lesser fleas have smaller fleas and so ad infinitum. It comes down to this: X licenses from Y if Y has a stronger brand than X and X would like a slice of Y's action. It is all (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.general)