 General / 38935
Re: Damaged Chrome Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:22:28 GMT

this happens from the ph of the oil in your skin not moisture like water.
in fact if you want to preserve your parts you may want to wash them
thouroghly with a particularly non abrasive soap to remove any traces of
human contact.

This also happens through abuse in your collection ei... tumbling in a parts
baggie or drawer.  which is sort of like polishing the piece causing the
chrome coat to flake off, especially on the edges.

would anyone pay for die cast polished lego weapons made of actual metal...
like stainless steele?

-tk

"Sean Devolites" <hotshot3396@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Wassssup Everyone,
I noticed this a few weeks ago, but didn't think anything of it at the • time.
While playing around with a chrome broadsword,
I noticed comes off kind of easily revealing a pale, sand yellow color.
I thought it was a defective sword, but after looking at my other swords,
4 of the 5 had some sort of chip marks.
Letting it go for a while,  I forgot about it.
Then yesterday, after removing a divers harpoon from a holder,
I realized that the holder had completely removed the chrome coating
around the middle.
Has this happened to anyone else?
PLMK
Hasta La Vista, Sean