 General / 38931
Re: Damaged Chrome Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 18:04:29 GMT

<snipped>

Greetings,

I saw someone awhile back that posted a fig holding a chrome sword that had
all the chrome removed.  They called it their crystal sword.  I forget who
it was (if you read this, please identify yourself!).  It was a milky white
color, almost like those old lego town antennae.  So I guess it can be done.
I haven't scraped off the chrome on one of mine but have the same
experiences you guys have had with wear and tear.

Josh Wedin

I have a few pics of a sword I turned into a crystal sword. I'm not the guy
you're talking about, but here is a link to my gallery with the pics:

For those of you who can't wait for moderation, here are the deep links:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wlister/CrystalSword/crystalsword.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wlister/CrystalSword/crystalsword1.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wlister/CrystalSword/crystalsword2.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wlister/CrystalSword/crystalsword3.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/wlister/CrystalSword/crystalsword4.jpg

Anyone wanting to try this should soak the sword in brasso for an hour or so.
White marks on the blade happen when you rub too hard or bend the blade. By
soaking, the brasso loosens a bit, this might keep the white marks off the
blade.

William