 General / 38925
Re: Damaged Chrome Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:11:13 GMT

Salutations.

Well, I know that it's happened to me before. Except mine revealed a sort of
milky-clear color. I've often wondered if you could completely remove all
the chrome off of something to get a clear version -- probably not, as a few
TCLUG meetings ago I brought it up and somebody told me that the "milky"
clear was probably caused by the chrome paint being inside the sword or crown.

--
Mark Nelson

Greetings,

I saw someone awhile back that posted a fig holding a chrome sword that had
all the chrome removed.  They called it their crystal sword.  I forget who
it was (if you read this, please identify yourself!).  It was a milky white
color, almost like those old lego town antennae.  So I guess it can be done.
I haven't scraped off the chrome on one of mine but have the same
experiences you guys have had with wear and tear.

Josh Wedin