 General / 38792
Re: How many people have an online Lego membership?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:54:00 GMT

Has anyone tried to make a club page?  I spent some time with it, but it
seemed pretty dumb (from an AFOLs perspective, I'm sure kids might think
otherwise).

I wanted to put up some of my MOCs and a link to my website.  Unfortunately,
you can only link to other portions of the Lego.com site (lego.com/starwars,
lego.com/harrypotter, etc) in the "favorite links" section.  You can't link
to your own page, brickshelf, lugnet, etc.  I understand they don't want
people putting up links to porn sites or megablocks.com or whatever else TLC
thinks is inappropriate, but you can't even link to Jake McKee's own site.

I did try to add a couple of my MOCs, but you can only put up three.  You
also are supposed to put what set you got the pieces from for your model.
Maybe this works fine for a kid with three sets, but for an AFOL with 100
sets, do I list them all?  I have no idea which set was the original source
of some given 1x1 brick.  I just put "many" in the blank.  They haven't been
moderated yet, so I don't know what will happen there.

Anyway, I find that the Lego.com club page may be okay for a kid who knows
nothing about the web, but they fall way way way behind the other options
out there for on-line display of your MOCs.

Bruce