 General / 38028
Re: shop.lego.com Broken
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 05:55:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Sinasohn writes:
Yes, but what percentage of the General Public (i.e. Parents) use Galeon or
Opera??

I can't believe you wrote that -- you're basically defending bad code / bad
design.

There is no reason for a simple left nav to bomb in ANY browser.  And while
I haven't investigated why it doesn't work (not my job), everything that I
saw in the menus could be easily implemented via straight html, javascript,
or css.  That the lego.com people do not check their work against a variety
of popular browsers and multiple versions is just shoddy work -- if they
won't check it, they should keep it extra simple.  I mean, this isn't an
intranet site where they know the users will always be using browser X, right?

BTW, their rollover events do not look really good in Netscape Communicator
4.7 either -- that's only 2-3 years old max!

There must be decent web developers in need of work in New York...

-- Hop-Frog