 General / 37486
    Re: New legend is up —John Herre
   (...) On the www.lego.com/myopinions page, you can check the responses for people who voted for the same legend that you voted for. Top responses for the Barracuda... Why did you pick the Barracuda as your favorite? 1 Simply put the attention to (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: New legend is up —Kerry Raymond
   (...) people who (...) Ah ha, so here are the top responses for the 375 Yellow Castle: What would be more of a legend than the set that started the whole Castle theme? 273 votes, 490 views, 55% rate This was the beginning of castle lego. The (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: New legend is up —Ross Crawford
     Top 5 for main street: 1 The town/city theme has been set aside these last years and needs to come back. 323 463 69% 2 I loved the Town/City in this period. I miss these kind of sets, with true LEGO pieces (not pre-made macro-blocks). Those minifig (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

         Re: New legend is up —Kerry Raymond
      (...) come (...) The voice of the AFOL seems to be coming through loud and strong on Main Street too. IMHO, reasons 1, 2, 4 are very nostalgic or backward-looking in a way that would only make sense for an adult. 5 is also somewhat backward looking (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: New legend is up —Kerry Raymond
     I am trying to work out if we can deduce anything of statistical significance from the vote/view/rate information revealed on the My Opinions page for the different Legend candidates. For example, the top rated responses for the Barracuda (the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

         Re: New legend is up —Bruce Schlickbernd
     (...) It depends on how early in the voting the opinion was first added to the list. If I recall, the top vote getter was only around 50-60 when I added that bit about the Barracuda (yes, I mentioned it here out of sheer vanity since it was the top (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: New legend is up —John Morgan
     (...) Why did you pick the Black Falcon Fortress as your favorite? votes views rate 1 Castle theme in general is great. The older castle sets are all around great sets. The new castle sets have too many specialized pieces and the old sets are just (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates)

        Re: New legend is up —Michael Dallaston
   (...) Gut evenink Kerry, here are the resuults of the Battrax Vote (/eurovision song contest) 1 I think that it just looks cool and looks like something from the future. 435 votes, 749 views, 58% rate 2 This is a cool set and with a command base (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: New legend is up —Bruce Schlickbernd
   That's all five. Unfortunately, deducing anything from these is iffy because you don't know how early in the voting these choice were available. The only one I can vouch for is the lead Pirates choice, since I'm responsible for it. The total number (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: New legend is up —Bruce Hietbrink
   (...) Jake responded to a question I posted over on fbtb.net that they won't release the actual vote totals, and that the order in which they are listed on the lego.com site has no relation to what was first place, second place, etc. Bruce (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)

        Re: New legend is up —Allan Bedford
   (...) I think from a business perspective this is a smart move. This is proprietary marketing data. No reason at all to release it to the public. Bravo to them for making a sound decision on this issue. Regards, Allan B. (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.general)