 General / 37331
Re: They took away my LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:45:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh writes:
I got to work this morning and was ready to catch up on last night's LUGNET
post while I had my morning Dr. Pepper and what do I find out?! My company's
proxy server is now blocking "web chatting" sites... <snip>
Well for now I'll have to get my LUGNET fix before I go to work.

I also know how you feel, James.  About three months ago, my employer updated
its firewall, and ever since I have found that although I can *read* Lugnet
from work, I cannot *post* to it.  After writing a couple semi-lengthy posts
only to never see them show up here, I gave up trying to post from work
(Granted, some would argue I shouldn't have tried in the first place).  So,
like you, I have to get my fix before and after.  This is yet another reason I
have been lurking more than talking, but I guess that means I am more likely to
post only things that I feel are important.  So it goes...

Cheerio,
-Hendo