 General / 37328
Re: They took away my LUGNET
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:45:17 GMT

I too recently experienced trouble with accessing LUGNET from a university
system. I suspected the implementation of some network traffic software that
prioritizes information and file transfers. I thought that the browser was
simply timing out prior to the newsgroup or the set database being accessed
could fulfill the client request of the server.

I was wrong. The FTP and Newsgroup server, and a couple of others things, went
offline for about a week before anyone noticed. Actually, several things have
been going wrong all week, but the problem was only resolved today.

I feel for you all at corporations. I really would be on a home all the time if
I didn't have unfettered access at work/university.

Todd