 General / 36755
Re: LEGO stops DUPLO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo
Date:
Tue, 14 May 2002 01:36:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Arne Lykke Nielsen writes:
It has just been annonced on the Danish News, that Lego has stopped making
DUPLO. A new concept for the 2-6 year old children, Explorer, will be
introduced this autumn.
No more DUPLO?!? My 3 year old niece will be devastated, she loves her DUPLO!

Hmmmm, suspected this would be the case after the press release a couple of
months ago: see http://news.lugnet.com/duplo/?n=460 and article linked off it.

While I have seen in my local area that Duplo has lost it's popularity over
the past couple of years, and often think I've got far too much and should
stop buying it (this will make that easier), I'm still unhappy!  A classic
pre-school toy, that had only recently become more affordable too.  RIP.
*sniff*

Does this mean we're not getting the rest of the Bob the Builder sets or are
they already manufactured and awaiting shipment?  This series was billed as
a success I thought.

Wonder what Explorer is and whether it will in any way be compatible or similar?

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com