 General / 36682
Re: Completed Models, Sun, & High Temps, and it's effects
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 16:34:28 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ahui Herrera writes:

Here are my questions:
1) Should I worry about my completed MOCs and or loose pieces getting
damaged on the trip due to the weather since it's a 4-5 day trip in the sun
and heat.

Yes I think you may well have something to worry about.

I dont know that dry ice will work. Might. Consider getting an air
conditioned moving van!

OK stop laughing, electronics companies do this all the time, it's called a
climate controlled trailer. NorthAmerican, at least, has them.

May be spendy though.

You also could put the stuff into storage in a climate controlled facility
til wintertime. May also be spendy though.

Or start shipping it now before the weather gets really hot.

Hope that helps.

++Lar