 General / 36034
Re: Question about copyright on Lego logos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:31:28 GMT

Mark,
Thanks for the thoughts.  The more I think about it, the more I think it's
probably not a good idea to post the graphics on Brickshelf for someone to
download, print onto T-shirt transfer paper, and make their own shirt.
Probably too close to infringing on Lego's turf.  But, I might post a
picture of the shirt, and if someone wants to make their own, they could
e-mail me...  hmmm...

Of course, all this is contingent upon getting the #@#% t-shirt transfers to
work, or finding a place that will do one or two shirts without breaking the
bank.

Thanks again,
James Wilson

In lugnet.general, Mark Neumann writes:
Hmmm, you know what'd I'd do.  Make the shirts, give them to your kids.  I
don't think anyone is going to care.  Unless you mass produce them and sell
them, then Lego will care. (and since you said you're not going to do that,
you're good.)  But until then, no. • <snippage>
Mark Neumann