 General / 36012
Re: Question about copyright on Lego logos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 05:09:42 GMT

I am not a laywer, but I do know that Copyright protection does not exsist for
logos.  Logos are protected under Trademark laws.  That makes it a bit more
sticky.  There is no clear yes or no as with Copyright protection.  If people
do not associate a logo on a shirt with Lego (read confuse brands and cause
the other to lose money) then it is perfectly ok.  For example:

http://www.m-tron.com/

There is no possible way a resonably intellegent person will confuse the Lego
theme and that buisness.

-Mike Petrucelli