 General / 35997
35996  |  35998
Subject:
Question about copyright on Lego logos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 19:13:16 GMT

First off, let me get this clear: I do not intend to sell my creation.  What
I want to do is take a Lego logo from a set (I'm being intentionally evasive
here...), such as the Blacktron logo, and duplicate it as best I can.  Then
I want to put it on a t-shirt or ball cap, FOR MY OWN USE OR FOR MY KIDS TO
WEAR.  So far have I broken any laws?

I may post photos of my creation online, and if someone wants a copy, I
might make it available (PDF?) with instructions as to how print one on a
t-shirt transfer on an inkjet printer.  This one, I'm pretty sure, would
violate some copyright law.

I'm not a lawyer, I don't even want to play one on TV.  I just want to make
a couple of t-shirts with logos from Lego stuff.  But I don't want the
copyright police knocking down my door, either.  Any suggestions?

James Wilson
Dallas, TX