 General / 35602
Re: need help with lego direction!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 20:41:35 GMT

hey Jude,

it did seem like i said i had a problem with designing, in fact i design for
a living, its the problem of getting newer elements to look good with my old
ones. iv recently tried some things that are working out well though. it
seems the variety of color is what threw me off. seems like LEGO likes their
new colors and are limiting the old colors, but concerning getting bricks
LEGO is getting overpriced with limited pieces, MEGA-BLOKS might not be of
the same quality but to make a huge wall for my castle gate it will look
just as good. the direction LEGO is taking is obviously an opposite
direction of the cheap imitators MEGA-BLOKS. making me think of purchasing
these cheap imitators.

LEGO:        50pc 2x4     = $6.99 (14ct/pc)
mega-bloks: 780pc various = $20   (2.5ct/pc)

give me a reason to stick with lego other than quality.

and if i sound a little mundane to you than why are you listening to me?

petro (the Lego-believer or megablokhead?)