 General / 35563
35562  |  35564
Subject:
need help with lego direction!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:54:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

where is this direction of LEGO going with GALIDOR, Bellville, Jack stone
and any other line that makes a non-lego set.

these have to be the most hated themes for LEGO believers. add a lego brick
with some dolls and actionfigures to make these sets looks a lego.
rediculous, maybe its their idea of expanding to the brainless with limited
building abilities?

you might wonder how i feel about the DUPLO line, i liked the idea of
getting very young babies into lego a great idea, and their line is still
the best for an introduction to legos, but this galidor and jackstone junk
is not what i invisioned when lego came out with the goal of expanding, the
studios are great, the bionicle sets im not to fond of either but they are
still lego related.

i hope this insanity stops soon, and that they go back to redisigning the
castle line to what it used to be, solid. remember the days when castles
where solid, looked like they belonged in the dark ages, not in some theater
setting. dont get me wrong i like the helmets, and figures, but the sets
they come with are limited in imagination. there i admit to it. remember the
crusader line? you could make the double catapult in a boat, maybe not a
very goodlooking boat, but when your 10 it can. it might be that lego is
going up against the video game industry. in video games everything looks
real, there is no imagination, and since this is what atracts kids today,
they feel the need to go this way too. but listen, it lacks serious
imagination, which i thought lego was all about. making a castle into an
airplane, making a wall into a cave. those were fun days. iv tried to
incorporate the new sets with my old sets, and it just isnt working. my old
castle sets incorporated with my ancient bricks just fine, and now im having
trouble, am i losing my imagination?

what do i do?

a firm Lego believer, (not a purist, though pretty close to one)