 General / 35567
Re: need help with lego direction!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 19:09:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Peter Root writes:

where is this direction of LEGO going with GALIDOR, Bellville, Jack stone
and any other line that makes a non-lego set.

Belville is entirely Lego System.  Great for parts, too.  Besides, Belville is
an *old* line; been around almost a decade.

these have to be the most hated themes for LEGO believers. add a lego brick
with some dolls and actionfigures to make these sets looks a lego.
rediculous, maybe its their idea of expanding to the brainless with limited
building abilities?

As long as I still get my offerings from Lego Direct, and Star Wars ad Harry
Potter quality sets, I don't care what else Lego makes.  If it gets them more
revenue, I say go for it.  I just don't plan on buying any of it.  :)

you might wonder how i feel about the DUPLO line, i liked the idea of
getting very young babies into lego a great idea, and their line is still
the best for an introduction to legos, but this galidor and jackstone junk
is not what i invisioned when lego came out with the goal of expanding, the
studios are great, the bionicle sets im not to fond of either but they are
still lego related.

Actually, I'd say Bionicle is slightly farther from the original Lego core
ideal than Jack Stone.

iv tried to incorporate the new sets with my old sets, and it just isnt
working. my old castle sets incorporated with my ancient bricks just fine, and
now im having trouble, am i losing my imagination?

Rather than incorporate the *sets*, try customizing completely.  Get a couple
of bulk packs, browse some websites with pictures of real historic buildings,
and try to emulate them.  You'll pick up a lot of ideas along the way.  :)
And, of course, check out what the rest of us have built for direct Lego ideas.
:)

Jeff