 General / 35584
Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 01:12:58 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
If you could, you can help me out just by replying to this message
and telling me what your favorite theme is. That way, I can finally get
peace of mind, and an answer to that ever- debated question.

Uh... Well yes there's the talk of which metric... and that some people
wouldn't want to be catagorized... all true (see elsewhere in this thread)...

Otherwise my answer is...

For Collecting: Town (but I include Train and Boats here).
For Building MOCs: Castle.
For playing: Space.

I think both Pirates and Wild West are very very cool, but I only have a few
sets (which make very nice bookshelf displays).  Also, I will build MOCs in
Town, and certain beloved Space sub-themes.

If, hypothetically, my home was about to explode and I was given just enough
time to save only one of the above themes from my collection, I would save the
*Town* sets.  That is where the collection started, and it still makes up the
largest percentage of what I have.

...Although I would cry a long long time over the loss of the BT1 Renegade, and
the Battraxes, and the Invaders, and the monorail, and the Black Monarch's
Castle, and the Black Seas Barracuda, and the Stardefenders, and the other
monorail, and....    ;o

-H.