 General / 35552
Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 04:08:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matt Hein writes:
Hello Lego fans! Recently, when I got the chance to think about it,
another nagging question came to mind.

What exactly is the most popular Lego theme on Lugnet?

If you could, you can help me out just by replying to this message
and telling me what your favorite theme is. That way, I can finally get
peace of mind, and an answer to that ever- debated question.

I think a definitive answer to this depends on the metric used to measure
popularity... number of theme adherents? Number of posts to the theme group?
"intensity" of adherents (measured by freqency of new MOCs, size of MOCs, or
other metrics)? Regard that the theme is held in by the mundanes?

You can get lots of different answers depending on the metric.

I of course would choose the metrics that make trains come out on top ("size
of MOCs" tends to be won by trains in a walkaway... what other theme
routinely has layouts (put together by many, of course) that are in the
thousands of square feet in size???) but you could easily argue for space or
castle based on posting volume or number of different posters I would think....