 General / 35543
  Survey: What's your favorite theme?

Hello Lego fans! Recently, when I got the chance to think about it, another nagging question came to mind. What exactly is the most popular Lego theme on Lugnet? If you could, you can help me out just by replying to this message and telling me what (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

"Matt Hein" <Pyrokid17@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GrE6zv.65M@lugnet.com... (...) Seriously I really don't know how to answer this question. Perhaps I'd have to say my favorite theme is Town Junior. Actually-- the Jack Stone theme is very (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) Just look at the message traffic and that should at least give you some idea: Star Wars, Castle, and Trains (Robotics requires lotsa technical questions that may not indicate popularity...but then again, maybe I'm wrong). My two personal (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) My personal favs are space and pirates (and any combination thereof) Going by the number of MOCs posted (and the work that obviously goes into them) I'd say Space (incl. star wars) is number 1, castle 2 and town 3. This is however completely (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) I think a definitive answer to this depends on the metric used to measure popularity... number of theme adherents? Number of posts to the theme group? "intensity" of adherents (measured by freqency of new MOCs, size of MOCs, or other metrics)? (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) G'day, if interested, mine is Promotional and Town (and themes that are not yet developed) :( :) Mel (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) Another metric which would put trains on top is "number of people who take the time to ooh and ahh over creations". I would have to wonder what is the goal of this survey? I'm not sure what the value if knowing the current "top" theme by some (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) Classic space is what brought me to Lego, and Space is what continues to hold me, though by what is evidenced at my web page, I like Space, Technic, Town, Trains, Castle, Sculpture, Model Team. Pretty much a little bit of everything :) I don't (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

Thats easy: Space ofcourse! I do collect other themes too, but Space is the only theme that I want to have every single set of. Mark -only 5 crates of sorting to go- de Kock (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) hmmm.....my favorite theme ever is town.... I started collecting it first, and its what got me into collecting / building with it first off... Train sets are what brought me out of...but have since collected a wide spectrum of sets since... (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

Here it breaks down this way; Me: Bionicle, Duane: Starwars and roboriders, Krys: Technic, Eric: any but steers toward town. Ken's was Slizer and technic. -- Nicole~ "Jon Palmer" <jpalmer@oklahoma.net> wrote in message news:GrE8EA.9AG@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) TECHNIC! All other themes are just spare parts for... Oh, crud. That doesn't work too well for Technic. ;-D TJ (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) Uh... Well yes there's the talk of which metric... and that some people wouldn't want to be catagorized... all true (see elsewhere in this thread)... Otherwise my answer is... For Collecting: Town (but I include Train and Boats here). For (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

My favorite theme is definatly space, folowed by technic. When I was a kid, I used to own a 6973. And, since getting back into lego, space and technic are what I have been collecting. Including starwars & life on mars (but starwars & LOM just = more (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) FABULAND! (1979-1989) is my favorite theme... sheree (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) Well, a year ago I would have definitely said Technic, but I now have a sizeable collection of Star Wars sets that I really like. Most I have just one copy, and I have the model displayed, some of which I have multiple copies for parts (eg (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

Pirates..I live for Pirates! Everything else is just cannon fodder! hehheh Tom (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

(...) I (...) My story is similar. Town is my favorite theme and always will be. I have well over 1,000 complete Lego sets (and almost that many busted for parts) but I don't think I have over a dozen Space sets or more than a dozen or so Technic (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Survey: What's your favorite theme?

Mecha and Fabuland! of course! Because all the peices from both themes work perfectly with together!!! Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.general)