 General / 35426
Re: Shades of Blue & Orange (was Re: Need Help with Set Source Identification for Particular Piece)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 03:43:02 GMT

Greg Perry wrote:
For once, my memory didn't fail me and when I returned to my favorite
Wal-Mart haunt last night I did find a couple of copies of 4579 in the
clearance aisle for half-price (it took a lot of shifting and digging but I
finally found them!).  So now I've got myself some of those blue barrels.

Ooh, lucky. I've been waiting to get a couple more of these on sale.

Frank's question about the orange in the Scala sets compared to the orange
in the HP sets was one I'd already asked myself.  To me they look the same
(even after a second examination).  I compared the light orange pieces used
for the bed in 4722 to the light orange, poopish chair element from 3110 (a
keen little accessories set I've been meaning to rave about).  They appear
to be the same shade of light orange.  So far I haven't accumulated enought
elements in this color to really do anything with it.

Must be the same then. Two of those chair pieces from 3110 make a nice
little gondola body for a short train car. I've also got a blue one.

Frank