 General / 35432
Re: Need Help with Set Source Identification for Particular Piece
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 05:24:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Frank Filz writes:
They are a lighter blue than the Scala accessories. Scala colors are all
off, and almost never seen in system sets (I haven't looked at colors in
4721, 4722, and 4723 to see if any of the oranges match Scala colors).

I happened to have a 4721 and a 3115 both sitting here, so I did some
comparisons. The scala 3115 has two oranges: a lighter orange (used on the round
table top halves p/n 33088) and a medium orange (used in the big cabinet pieces
p/n 6874). The harry potter set has two oranges also, a medium orange (e.g.
small cabinet p/n 4532) and a brighter orange (e.g. 2 x 8 plate p/n 3034). Also
for comparison, I looked at an orange 6 x 6 webbed radar dish (from 7316, p/n
4285) and a copy of 6579 Ice Surfer ( a variety of post-modern orange pcs).

The results are three distinct shades of orange.

a "yellow orange" - the round table top halves p/n 33088 (from scala)

a "medium orange" - the big scala cabinet piece p/n 6874, the small cabinet p/n
4532 (from HP)

and a "brighter orange" - the 6 x 6 webbed radar dish, various plates from 4721,
and the arctic series pcs. I believe this orange is seen in various star wars
sets.

Ray