 General / 35427
Re: Three years gone...just remembering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 15:22:43 GMT

I'd like to thank Chris for remebering this day.  Many of us really wanted
to see the guy in person but just didn't have the chance.  Myself and the
rest of the gang of SCLTC are gettting our stuff together for BricksWest 2K2
and I did a little looking back myself.  I went through Lugnet's history and
found an old post by Gary.
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=492

He wanted to see the creation of a Lego train club here in Southern
California.  I hope the creation of  SCLTC has helped make that wish come
true.

Adrian Egli
http://www.scltc.org/

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message
Hi all,

I guess I came out of my dark age about three and a half to four years ago • now.
When I first started selling LEGO to help fund my own collection, I was • doing
auctions by hand in the style, if not nearly the scale, of Auczilla with
various differences from instance to instance.  LUGNET was yet to start • the
newsgroups and I was doing stuff via RTL, email, and a desktop Mac as a • web
server.

There were many of you (some who have since vanished) who helped me feel
welcome and provided assistance.  But one person above all the rest, • helped me
to get started and work more smoothly and professionally.  He gave me • quite a
bit of his time even though I was brand new around here and he was a big
important guy in the online LEGO community.  I was really getting to like • him
too, but I didn't get to know him as well as I wish I had.  Three years • ago
today, Gary Louie died unexpectedly and we were robbed of a valuable • community
member.

Many of you were better friends of his than I, but it occurred to me today
while I was at work that this was the anniversary of his death and I • thought
I'd just say something here about my memory of a nice guy.

later,

Chris