 General / 34991
  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) my points. Maybe its time that Kevin re-evaluated some of the points of the TOS. (...) and (...) I (...) see (...) Seriously these images are BARELY Lego related. But besides that I think that completely flooding the Recent Updates with ANY (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

<snip> (...) I'd just like to chime in here. While I agree with Jon's original post (that these avatar pics are getting very old), I also understand that they aren't doing anything wrong. I myself have a few non-lego related pics in my folder, but I (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) While I do agree with you that the TOS may need to be re-looked at, I still would have to say that these avatar images ARE Bionicle (hence LEGO, by your own admission), and as such, allowable. And, while this may have been one of your points, (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) How about a suggestion to Kevin that the recent gallery not get things sent to it unless the user explicitly checks a box to do it? That way when you reorged your folders it wouldn't cause flooding. (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) That's a good suggestion. Emailed to Kevin. Thanks Lar. -Chris (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Actaully, thats a very bad idea, here is why: These people make and upload these to be seen, thats the point of these things - to be used as an id for posts. Do you think that these people would mark a box that would basically keep them from (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Right. So if they're hosted on Brickshelf and thus appear as an ID on posts do they ALSO need to appear in "recent images" (...) Not following you here. Checking that box would not prevent the image from being served up, just from being shown (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) That is just your opinion. What gives you the right to post what you want (a MOC, etc) and say that is more Lego related than what some person does with an Avatar which is nothing more than an image of a Bionicle character? Both are Lego. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) That's a great idea. One perhaps undesireable side effect is that some folders could lurk unnoticed. Two galleries to choose from? One the same as it is now and the other containing the volunteered new content. While I'm dreaming, why not a (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Well, while you were sleeping, Kev created such a gallery, as well as a most- visited files one as well-- check out the home page:-) -John (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) Stop dreaming: (URL) ranked by newness and hits would be nice too (kinda like the LUGNET Spotlight). --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu www.bldesign.org (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) I of course feel quite silly. Having recently USED those scripts. Eesh. "Ridiculous Lucky Captain Rabbit King. Lucky Captain Rabbit King Nuggets are for the youth!" (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Bionicle Avatar pictures flooding BrickShelf

(...) D'oh! (pause) D'oh! (23 years ago, 7-Jan-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic.bionicle)