 General / 34560
Re: Brick Color
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 23:08:54 GMT

Scroll down!

Out of all the bricks Lego has ever made, what color do you think has • the
highest production count? I've got my theories about it...but I'd like • to
see
if anyone else has a thought on this matter.

well, interesting question :)  So I ran a script on all the inventories on
peeron (note, this is only stuff we have inventoried, so only about 1000
sets out of more than 4500)... There's some weird things at the bottom,
which I'd say can be safely ignored... We think the #1 position is because
of all the Technic sets, with all their black pins, and the Gray is second
because we have almost all the castle sets inventoried...  Here's the
results:

This is interesting.

Red might be the most common as already said, but white is also VERY common.
In fact maybe more than red since red is the colour of roofs.
A question of roof has just taken place:
http://news.lugnet.com/build/?n=10872

3rd might be yellow or grey.

S.

1. Black -> 42185