 General / 33734
Re: a most slendid 4x4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:09:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, David Wertz writes:
Thanks.  I was not aware that one could order those wheels seperately.  I
have never seen them advertised as such through Lego.  I am planning on
picking up an 8466 at some point, so I guess I will have six then.
BTW If anyone is wondering how I got 4 powerpuller wheels ( without having
to buy 8466 ) I ordered them directly from lego for about £12. I don't know
if they still do that or if the 8466s tyres has that funky "technic power"
graphics on them either.

As I said before, I am not sure if they still do this. You won't find them
on shop at home as they are not there. You have to specifically ask if they
have some for sale. If they do then you have to send them a cheque or postal
order or something.

By the
way, how many technic motors do you have in your 4x4?  I have not done any
experimenting with this stuff yet and wanted to get a general idea of what
kind of power is needed.

It will run fine on one but this one is running off two to give extra power
and speed. However if you are going to do somthing similar then I don't
recommend the 4x4 system from the 8880 as there is alot of friction and you
need way more motors. As for the 8466 I don't know, but the possibilities
look promising. I had to create a drive and steering system from scratch to
cut down on friction. To include a suspention linkage to this part of the
modle would make it too wide and weaken it, this is another reason for using
live axles If I get time I will re-build the front axle and post some
pictures of it on brickshelf

PS I've only just realised that I've spelt splendid as slendid in the
subject title ( doh! )

Allan