 General / 33729
Re: a most slendid 4x4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 17:22:27 GMT

In lugnet.general, Allan Portillo writes:

4 powered power puller tyre's, been their, done that :-)

http://www.geocities.com/steveroblane

I really like your 4x4, especially the exposed suspension. Your a fellow
live axle fan I see, definately the way to go. Although I wouldn't want to
take a corner in your vehicle. In order for accecptable turning performance
I have a diff on each axle, a centre diff, and the last axle steers! I'd be
interested to know if you could get any kind of speed out of your vehicle,
what was it like to turn, and how readily did it climb?

The secret to a strong gearbox is to get all the gears completely in mesh
with each other, not so the gears only just touch ( as seen in the gear
boxes of the 8880 and the 8448 ).

I'll have to look into that.

I no longer have the model assembled and I
don't have any pictures of the gearbox ( sorry ). I will try to rebuild the
gearbox and post some pictures.

Funny, I have my gearbox intact and a fully working copy.

BTW I am going to use this gearbox in another model of a monster truck
coming in around 8 months ( my building time is filled up until then ). It
will have some improvements like limited slip diffs and 4 wheel steering (
and maybe power steering if I can fit it in )

I'd like to see that when it's finished

Steve