 General / 33447
  Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?

Hi all, With the announcement of Lego recalling all the 6776 sets, I have been checking out my local retailers to see if they still had any in stock. The local Target and TRUs still had some on the shelves, but the two Walmarts had pulled theirs. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?

"Tom Reed" <Merthyn1@webtv.net> wrote in message news:GKI5x2.2M7@lugnet.com... (...) I wonder if it was a recall or a withdrawl? i.e did they recall it from retailers, or just withdraw it from their catalog. In the UK, clearly it has disappeared (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?

(...) I actually went out to my local TRU to see what all the fuss was about yesterday. No sign of this set or the rest of the theme. Is there a scan of the suspect picture online anywhere? If the picture is offensive, just e-mail me the URL. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GKJ3pw.DMF@lugnet.com... (...) Can't find it now. But I did see a picture somewhere on-line of the offending cartoon. They were still in several shops in my area this weekend. Didn't try TRU (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?

(...) There has been no new pressrelease saying otherwise and Lego was on national television in Denmark last week with withdrawing and that they have fired Rob Ellis who was in charge of the department that developed and released Alpha Team and the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?

(...) Wow, I can't believe they would fire the guy who designed the series! That's not fair! It's not like he had anything to do with the terrorist acts! As far as that's concerned, you ought to fire the people who did the pirates series! Aren't (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?

(...) Well, I'm hoping that there are other factors involved as well-- Seeing that the line was APPROVED by someone (probably LOTS of people) higher up the chain than this Rob Ellis guy, I can't imagine that he'd be the only one fired if this was (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?

(...) <snip> (...) I don't know if Rob Ellis designed the set - all I know is that he is the director of that department. Just to make things clear I didn't write he designed it 'just' that he was in charge of that department. /Jesper (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

"Jesper Kjaer" <jkj@it.dk> wrote in message news:001901c14aa1$84...@SHAMEN... (...) Did the report actually say they 'fired' him, or was it more that he 'decided to concentrate on his golf' or some other wishy washy statement. Did he jump or was he (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?

(...) Yeh, I'm sorry I mistook that statement the wrong way. Either way, I couldn't understand why they would fire the guy. (...) I agree lawrence! I think there must be more to it than that! It just sounded odd that they would fire a guy because of (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.general)