 General / 33463
Re: Has LEGO cancelled the recall of 6776?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 20:42:53 GMT

"Jesper Kjaer" <jkj@it.dk> wrote in message news:001901c14aa1$8404ed30$0200000a@SHAMEN...
have fired Rob Ellis who was in charge of the department • that developed
and released Alpha Team and the box in question.

<snip>

Wow, I can't believe they would fire the guy who designed the
series!

I don't know if Rob Ellis designed the set - all I know is that he is
the director of that department. Just to make things clear I didn't
write he designed it 'just' that he was in charge of that department.

/Jesper

Did the report actually say they 'fired' him, or was it more that he 'decided to concentrate on his golf' or some other
wishy washy statement. Did he jump or was he pushed as we might say?
I can understand them having a 'falling out' over the withdrawl of the set, or perhaps the cancellation of future Ogel
sets I believe were in the pipeline, and as a result them agreeing to 'part company'.
I assume firing isn't very easy with Danish employment laws, so I can't imagine them even being allowed to fire him in
reaction to this one event.

regards
lawrence