 General / 33391
Re: 6776 Should not be re-released.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 18:40:03 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mike Petrucelli writes:

In original castle one had a multitude of sharp pointy objects.

Ooooh! Sharp pointy objects! And shiny too!

So basicly the
impression I am getting from the majority is that mind-control is appaulingly
violent but impaling people is perfectly acceptable play.

-Mike Petrucelli (who is quite baffled at the whole thing)

It is NOT *at all* baffling to anyone who's ever played Illuminati.

Obviously whichever Illuminati controls "LEGO" (alignments: peaceful,
straight, power 3/1 resistance 2, income 3, 1 out arrow) must also control
"Orbital Mind Control Lasers" (alignment: communist, you can look the rest
up) and was concerned that the secret of OMCL was about to be revealed. (1)

Unfortunately for this particular Illuminati (2) and their fiendish plot,
they don't also control Enormous Toy Stores (alignment: straight... from the
y2K expansion pack) and thus there has been some leakage of the sets to the
mundanes. They ALSO do not control "LEGO Fans" (alignments: weird, fanatic,
power 0/1, resistance 6, income -1, no out arrows) so the secret is out.

Please, everyone, try very hard to remember the existance of this set
because there will soon be a Whispering Campaign to make its very memory
disappear.

Oh, and please, don't take the above seriously. None of it is true. There
*is* no game called Illluminati. (3)(4)

Fnord.

1 - in fact if you take the OMCL acronym and rearrange it to be LMCO you get
Lego Mind Control Orbs... Coincidence? I think not.

2 - who I suspect is Bermuda Triangle based on the alignments they control...

3 - All hail Eris... Or Bob, as you prefer.

4 - and I haven't added LEGO and LEGO Fans to my card sets either.

++Lar