 General / 33377
33376  |  33378
Subject:
It shouldn't have been pulled to begin with! (was Re: 6776 Should not be re-released.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 11:50:48 GMT

Hey!

I won't argue the point about there being viable options to "violent" toys,
that said I hope TLC doesn't stop producing all of the other themes where
violence is at least clearly an option -- star wars, castle, town, space,
pirates, wild west, etc.

The idea that a toy is or is not violent does not mean anything.  We have
had violent toys forever and I am not sure that it has harmed those of us
who know better than to act out violently anywhere but in a pretend MOC
world. To deny a child a squirt-gun in summer is to deny them all kinds of
decent, stress-relieving fun.  So what if kids let off a little steam with a
pretend MOC cowboys and indians battle -- what wrong does it do?  Taking
away these kinds of outlets for aggression seems very dangerous to me --
very dangerous and reactionary.

Frankly, I think everyone needs to just take about 1000 deep breaths and
calm down.

I couldn't disagree more with the removal of set 6776 from store shelves.
Since it is apparently a fait accompli -- I will simply add my voice to
those of others inquiring as to what will now happen to the elements that
comprised those sets.  I wouldn't mind getting some of the stuff at
discount, or bulk, or whatever...

-- Hop-Frog