 General / 33383
Re: 6776 Should not be re-released.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:19:10 GMT

I do not get it.  Of all the violent themes TLC produces, Alpha Team seems the
least violent.  If anyone actually paid attention to the story, as every kid
that wanted this set no doubt did, I belive they would agree.  In the story not
one single person gets killed and the only things that ever get destroyed are
mind-control orbs.  When the orbs are destroyed the "innocents" revert to
normal.  This has got to be the most clean cut violent theme TLC ever produced.
In original castle one had a multitude of sharp pointy objects. So basicly the
impression I am getting from the majority is that mind-control is appaulingly
violent but impaling people is perfectly acceptable play.

-Mike Petrucelli (who is quite baffled at the whole thing)