 General / 33108
    Re: Plane crash in New York? —Eric Kingsley
   In lugnet.general, Scott Arthur writes: <snip> (...) This is great but how do you suggest we "tackle the philosophical legitimacy" of whomever did this? And how do you suggest we ensure that events such as these never happen again without all out (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Plane crash in New York? —Scott Arthur
   (...) That is tough without knowing who did it. But, I would say that the number one weapon should be education. As I have said before, if the group who did this use religion as a justification, the link between their religion and their act must be (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Plane crash in New York? —Richard Marchetti
   (...) I generally agreed with what you said Scott, so I am just picking at the details here... I think you meant that "no religion SHOULD condone what happened on Tuesday." Sadly, many faiths do suborn the use of violence to an almost epic scale -- (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Plane crash in New York? —Dan Boger
   (...) hold on there - the fact that the bible describes violence doesn't in any way mean that either the Jewish or the Christian/Catholic religions condone such actions. Yes, there are many stories of war in the bible, but one of the 10 commendmends (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Plane crash in New York? —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Really? I guess we might as well throw this book of lies away then... =) BTW, these are not mere descriptions -- you know, silly stuff like where a whale swallows a man and delivers him to another country. It is my understanding that Joshua is (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

        Re: Plane crash in New York? —Dan Boger
   (...) heh, for all practical purposes, I have :) only reason I have a copy is that it was a present, and it does make a good reference book, esp for .debate. (...) It is my opinion that the land of Israel doesn't belong to the Israelis because the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)