 General / 32316
Re: Most important aspect of a model...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:17:01 GMT

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> skrev i meddelandet
news:GHIxLG.DBJ@lugnet.com...
In your opinion (who else's?), what are the most important aspects of a • model?
a) Overall form, shape, and detail
b) Functions, playability, structural integrity, moving bits
c) Color scheme, realistic use of color

If you needed to write a mathematical formula relating a, b, and c in order • to
choose a "best" model, what would it be?

For me there are three answers:

1) When looking at MOCs on brickshelf etc., 'a' and 'c' rules almost
completely, as these are static pictures (my slow modem line mostly stops me
from looking at avi-s and such), and the 'whow' factor lies (almost)
completely in appearance, details, etc.

Formula: Min(a, c)

2) When looking at MOCs in real life, 'b' would also come into play, although
I think this group is to broad - I don't care for 'playability', but
appreciate 'function' (assuming 'playability' needs my imagination, and
'function' just needs understanding).

Formula: Min(a, b, c)

3) When making MOCs myself, it's almost _only_ 'b', as a limited piece
inventory makes it impossible for me to keep to a color scheme, and my limited
ability and time makes it equally impossible to build the awesome, detailed
models my mind sees...
(See for example my Steam Engine:
http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/steam/index.htm)

Formula: Max(a, b, c)
(Always ignoring the deficiencies in a model of my own :-)

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery/index.htm