 General / 32306
Re: Most important aspect of a model...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 03:45:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bram Lambrecht writes:
In your opinion (who else's?), what are the most important aspects of a model?
a) Overall form, shape, and detail
b) Functions, playability, structural integrity, moving bits
c) Color scheme, realistic use of color

If you needed to write a mathematical formula relating a, b, and c in order to
choose a "best" model, what would it be?
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu
http://bldesign.org/

Depends.  If you're making something that requires moving parts and
functionality, I say make it as buttugly as it needs to be to get the job
done.  If it's supposed to be pretty with frills and such, put that in first
place.  If you're making some sort of playset, accessability should be top
priority.  Since I don't build many "working" models of things, I tend to
put them in order C, A, B.  But playability itself rates between C and A.

Great question, Bram.

-Chris