 General / 32308
Re: I think I'm a clone now (was Re: Todd, we may have a problem...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 02:20:22 GMT

Kyle D. Jackson <flightdeck@sympatico.deletethisspamblock.ca> wrote in
message news:GG49n9.JHH@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.general, Jesse and Valarie Long writes:

I cannot explain just how bizarre it is to see a message signed by "me" • but
not written by me...apparently I have a doppelganger.  Does anyone else
have a double here?  Better make sure you tell them you're the "other" • Jesse
Long.  You wouldn't want to be mistaken for me...

You may find my post amusing then:
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/fun/?n=7574

Interesting bit of research.  I think neither one of us would want to be
confused for the other.  As far as I can tell, I am "Jesse Long," "Jesse R.
Long," and "Jesse and Valarie Long."  I got married several years ago, which
explains my recent absence from the group.  I also got rid of my old
computer, and lost my old sig in the process.  Not that I even know if all
those sites still exist.  This place really exploded while I was gone.  The
regulars are mostly gone (or have set up shop in off-topic.debate).  I feel
like I've gone back to visit my high school after being at college for three
years.

Same for the Lego isle in the stores--all TV studio stuff and most of the
rest of it Juniorized.  What's not Juniorized is going to have a run of two
years if it's lucky, then it will be gone.  I know not everyone hates the
shift away from creative building toys and towards action toys, but I do.
Any farther and they might as well call it playmobile.  I think Lego got a
lot of it's inspiration from playmobile.  They had wild west and pirate sets
long before lego did, IIRC.

Of course, I'll spend the last years of my life wondering what happened to
1990 and longing for my long-lost pirate sets.

Later,

Jesse