 General / 31553
Re: I think I'm a clone now (was Re: Todd, we may have a problem...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 05:04:06 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jesse and Valarie Long writes:
There's always two of me just hanging around...

(anyone know the song?)

I cannot explain just how bizarre it is to see a message signed by "me" but
not written by me...apparently I have a doppelganger (sp).  Does anyone else
have a double here?  Better make sure you tell them you're the "other" Jesse
Long.  You wouldn't want to be mistaken for me...

How weird.

Jesse Long

Yeah, I know what it's like. There is a fella on rec.toys.lego who posts
under the screen name 'Matt G', even though his e-mail shows as
'donald___robinson@hotmail.com'. Don't know what's up with that, or how long
he has been around, but he mainly talks Technic, and I don't, so confusion
is minimal. Weird? Definately. Necessarily bad? Notsomuch.

Now you, on the other hand? You *might* want to protect your name...do a bit
of a search over the last couple of weeks, and you'll see what I mean.

Matt
(The One! The Only! The Original! The Best! The...awww, forgetaboutit...)

Oh, and by the way...

(With apologies to Tommy James & The Shondells)

"Scientists, behave!"
That's what they say when we work together
"You've been cloning all day!"
They don't understand
And so we're clonin' just as fast as we can
Drawin' blood from one another's hand
Trying to make a clone, and get it right
And then you put a right arm on it and we flip the switch to ground

And then you say, "I think I'm a clone now
There's always two of me just hanging around
I think I'm a clone now
The beating of two hearts means my clone's around."

(Oh My Gawd! Did I just DO that? That's HORRIBLE! Geez!)