 General / 32304
  Most important aspect of a model...

In your opinion (who else's?), what are the most important aspects of a model? a) Overall form, shape, and detail b) Functions, playability, structural integrity, moving bits c) Color scheme, realistic use of color If you needed to write a (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

I don't know if any one of those is any more important than the other. The trick to a truly great model is to find the right balance between all three. It also may depend on what you want to get out of the model. For example, with my Viking (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

(...) functionality, I say make it as buttugly as it needs to be to get the job done. If it's supposed to be pretty with frills and such, put that in first place. If you're making some sort of playset, accessability should be top priority. Since I (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  RE: Most important aspect of a model...

(...) Speaking of which, I had to use those 4 boxes of Znap I bought (for the motors) for something: (URL) (113 KB) It's really fun to watch :) --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

Well, if i'm gonna click the thumbnail on Brickshelf, it darn well better look cool, so color scheme has to such that it will attract my attention. Then it better have some cool details, or I'll just go to the next thumbnail without any study. Now, (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

Bram: (...) Hmmm... Either a*b*c or min{a,b,c} I think. Generally I find b/number of pieces quite important. So I might reformulate the two options, with n being the number of pieces, as: a*(b/n*x-y)*c, x,y > 0 min{a,b/n*x,c}, x > 0 I would probably (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

"Bram Lambrecht" <bram@cwru.edu> skrev i meddelandet news:GHIxLG.DBJ@lugnet.com... (...) model? (...) to (...) For me there are three answers: 1) When looking at MOCs on brickshelf etc., 'a' and 'c' rules almost completely, as these are static (...) (23 years ago, 4-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

(...) Actually also a>c for me, since as a small budget and non-US/non-EU builder, I quite limited by the bricks that I already own. (you might already saw my red/black attack helicopter, instead of full black or full gray and red/black Viper (...) (23 years ago, 6-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

(...) .7b + .2a + .1c. (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Most important aspect of a model...

(...) I think it depends somewhat on the general nature of the model. A technic model (for example) would need to be functional and structurally strong, but color wouldn't matter as much. And a "model" (like the statue of liberty, etc) would need a (...) (23 years ago, 15-Aug-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)