 General / 31642
Re: Does LEGO sell LEGO anymore?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.harrypotter
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:41:45 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.general, Paul Gyugyi writes:
<about the Sopwith Camel>
I can't really tell from the picture, but are the machine guns
made from black lightsaber handles?

Nope, they're built up, and involve a new piece, as far as I can tell.

What new piece? :-)

Taya tells me that the 1x1 thingie with 4 lobes just behind the cones is a
Scala piece. It is used to clip foamrubber tents together and things. (She
was helping me build my copy and remarked on it when she saw it)

She is very perceptive!
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=3150_1&v=z

(link James found...)
http://www.doe2.de/lego/more/sopwith-camel/black.html

Trust my speculation when I claim to you that I surmise the numbers are not
there for this range of sets to have all new piece tooling commissioned for
them. Not yet, at any rate.

I agree with your speculation, and suspected that it wasn't a new-new piece,
just a new-to-me piece.  Given that I have to import any Scala, and use
another country's catalog to even see it, I'm not surprised I haven't run
across the piece before.

My private speculation was that we would see the piece later this year in
something.  (or that it had shown up in LoM or some other theme that doesn't
interest me.  Like Scala.)

thanks,

James

James, from what I can tell you have already been proven right.  I have
spotted this Scala foam holding 1x1 plate in of the smaller Harry Potter
sets the last 3 in the series.

4721   1 in pink on top of orange wall

4722  4 in pink, 2 on aqua mantle invert slopes, 1 on orange chair, 1 on 1x1
regular orange plate holding marron star fabric on
mabe in orange?as feet of structure covered by maroon star fabric?

4723  1 in pink between grey owl and end of purple pole/stand

There may be more, but these are the ones that stood out...

sheree