 General / 31613
31612  |  31614
Subject:
Does LEGO sell LEGO anymore?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:04:39 GMT

Well, after looking at the latest catalog, World Tour Summer 2001, all I can
wonder is: Does Lego make Lego anymore?

So what does the new catalog have:
· 2 page spread for Bionicle (makes one look at burps with admiration),
new train engines (great idea) and the Guarded Inn (yea!)
· 2 pages of Jurassic Park III dinosaurs - 23 pieces for $9.99?  179
pieces for $34.99?
· 2 pages of Alpha Team - Juniorized to death
· 2 pages of Mars - special pieces galore
· 3 pages of Movie - more juniorization
· 1 page of Racers - 8 pieces for $2.99
· 2 pages of LEGO favorites (Hey we couldn't sell these so we'll push
them in the catalog).
· 3 pages of Jack Stone - who is this Jack that got stoned and came up
with this garbage?  Although I kind of like the girder elements, the maxifigs
and special pieces really stink.  Might want to get some of those huge plate
glass windows though.
· 2 pages of Creator - a few actual sets and a whole lot of books and
games
· 2 pages of Belville -Lego goes Barfbie (not a typo)
· 1 page of Duplo - at least something of value is still around
· 1 page of Bob the Builder - actually kind of cute.
· 3 pages of accessories - yeah some bricks appear!
· 1 page of Mosaic
· All under $10
· 2 pages of computer and video games
· 2 pages of soccer sets - yea for the women's team.  Hmm - why don't the
women get a bus?
· 2 pages of Star Wars - nice At-ST
· 1 page of watches and pens?
· 1 page of models - nice stuff
· 2 pages of create your own train - excellent!
· 1 page of a train and train station followed by a page of train
accessories
· another page of Star Wars - reduced prices - gotta move these
· 1 page of technic accessories
· 2 pages of race
· 1 page of robotics
· 3 pages of Bionicle
· Sopwith Camel on the back cover
1 50 page catalog - no Castle, no Town, no Adventurers, no Technic, no basic
sets (beside Duplo).  Very few sets that are not juniorized to death.

Is it just me, or is LEGO moving in the wrong direction?