 General / 31284
  LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) Thanks to the recent discussions flowing out of the Space newsgroup LUGNET has now become my favorite "adult (laugh) site." I haven't read so many hilarious web ramblings in a llooonnggg time. G. (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) One thing to consider is that JAL may or may not be very old himself... I have sent him a note asking his age but I may or may not get an answer. ++Lar (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

I believe I read in one of his posts, that he said he was 21. Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

Hi! (...) I think Greg's been doing a pretty good job of keeping it sidesplitting. :) But I've been wondering about JAL and his choice of places to ramble...when was the first time he posted? Is it at all possible that we're being semi-spoofed (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) That is possible. But as long as most of the people participating keep it at the current silly level so it's good for laughs, there are worse things that could happen, eh? Still, one does wonder! ++Lar (who is still laughing about some of (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) A couple of folks in non-posted communications to me have suggested that we're being "moultonized" by JAL. I've read most of the postings and in my completely unqualified opinion I'd have to say no - I truly believe this is on the level (well (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) I began wondering the same thing. It's all just so well crafted, and as many have shown, it's an easy style to copy. The first post I noticed was 11 Jun 2001, a response to Brad Justus: (URL) then-on it's been non-stop. I took a gander waaaay (...) (23 years ago, 24-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) Seems a bit suss, although of course people can change over time. I had a go at the jal-baiting, failing to follow my own advice at (URL) : (...) IMHO the best response is to deal with them on their own terms. Leaving them alone is probably (...) (23 years ago, 25-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) May I be the first to say, after hearing this entire wacked up string of events... HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...AHAHAHAHA. How would a 21 year old act like that!? Rick (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) Hey, I'm 21 but I can act a little off kilter also. However when I ramble, I tend to be a little more structured than Mr. Long. Thanks Jay (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: LUGNET as an "Adult" site

(...) I dunno--parents control buying habits, references Pokemon/ Digimon/etc in such a manner that he expects his audience to know all about the details (e.g., the names of the characters in Team Rocket)--that's not common among 21-year-olds. Now, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)