 General / 3054
3053  |  3055
Subject:
AFOL (was Re: Is March LEGOFEST kaput?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 1999 00:30:30 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

In lugnet.general, Dragonelf1@aol.com (Jeff Stembel) writes:
Can you bring some hats, too?  I'd rather have a hat.  Also, is 19 too young
to be an "Adult Fan of Lego"?  ;)

IMM ("in my mind") the phrase covers everyone 14 and older...or basically
anyone older than the proscribed age range of the products one takes a liking
to.

--Todd

Not to disagree with you again, Todd, but... (oh heck, who am I trying to fool? :)

I would think that AFOL would refer to people over the age of 16, not 14.  Since
even TLG's most sophisticated products that I know of do not list any age above
16.  Further, TLG has contests somewhat regularly, but they usually explicitly
exclude people over the age of 16.  So it seems to me that TLG has somehow
determined that people over the age of 16 are "too adult" to be playing with LEGO.

Besides, we have a 15-year old who still loves to play with LEGO, and I am nowhere
near ready to think of him as an adult yet. :)

Mark