 General / 30438
Re: Yellow Castle Style Helmets (was Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 02:03:07 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
Okay, just to be sure -- I am talking about the type of helmets used in
classic space.  Are these the same as are used in the yellow castle -- I
mean, obviously without the the visors, but is the underlying helmet the same?

Yes.

I have quite a few of the classic space helmets, and I am not sure I have
EVER seen one split at the chin.  While I am the original owner of most of
the helmets I am talking about, a few of them are from used classic space
sets that belonged to others.  None split there either...

That's surprising.  You took good care of your toys.  :^)  Some
of the classic helmets have thicker reinforced chins - I think
they modified the design of the element around 1983 or 1984.
LEGO wouldn't have bothered doing that if they didn't think the
helmet's chin needed re-enforcing.

I suppose you were more careful with your toys than I was!  I have
several helmets from the 1977 releases with broken chins.

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"