 General / 30430
Re: Yellow Castle Style Helmets (was Re: Why aren't we going crazy?!?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2001 11:03:44 GMT

In lugnet.general, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Wow, I think you are very lucky. Well over 1/2 of the used ones I have
managed to accumulate have broken/split chinguards. The newer ones don't
seem to suffer that fate although it is true that they ARE newer, so have
had less time to have worn down, etc...

Okay, just to be sure -- I am talking about the type of helmets used in
classic space.  Are these the same as are used in the yellow castle -- I
mean, obviously without the the visors, but is the underlying helmet the same?

Yes, and yes.

I have quite a few of the classic space helmets, and I am not sure I have
EVER seen one split at the chin.  While I am the original owner of most of
the helmets I am talking about, a few of them are from used classic space
sets that belonged to others.  None split there either...

I'll defer to others but I think you're lucky. Or I'm unlucky, in this
regard anyway.

++Lar