 General / 30352
Re: Not My Own Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 15:07:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eli Donati writes:

Also set your mind back a few years legoA/S reforms exercise reshaping plan to
make lego the No#1 toy by 2005 as a result KKK removed or change the way a
alot of lego depts worked through and I hate saying this but laying people
off and getting in the I.T. guys  (not that I hate I.T.guys) why course one
person can do the same job 4,5,6 people once did but as a result you remove
the 4,5,6 different imagination too work on the one problem theme or set.

As Warren Buffet would say, management shouldn't dwell too hard at making
public projections-- it leads to irrational management behavior in obtaining
their announced goal.  A well managed company would concentrate on keeping
their quality standards high and improve the production efficiency in order
to achieve a sustained profit.  That's not what is going on here-- they are
watering down their product in order to obtain short term goals.  They might
make money in the short term, but a tarnished brand name is almost
impossible to recreate once you've lost it.

Of course, if they ever get to the point where I can order any part with any
color...
-Lars