 General / 30331
Re: New Sculpture on Lego S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 14:50:19 GMT

In lugnet.general, Ralph Döring writes:
In lugnet.general, Jeff Hudson writes:
I don't think anyone posted this yet, but there is a new sculpture on the US
S@H site.  A replica of the Sopwith Camel British airplane.  It looks neat
enough that this might become the first sculpture I buy.
-Jeff

My Sopwith just arrived this morning ! I ordered it last week on thursday,
just when the german s@h website showed it as available. I can´t tell you
about the model, as I gave it to my girlfriend and it still has to be build.
But you can see some pictures of all bricks and plates, the box, the manual
and the stickers if you like at:
http://www.doe2.de/lego/more/sopwith-camel/index.html
I think it´s a cool set. TLG should make this set as a Model Team set and
not as an exclusive "sculpture" set. It looks a bit like the big brother of
the alternative model of #5540:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/5000/5540/5540-19.html
By the way: if you have a 5540 left for sale...

Well enjoy the site and LMKWYT if you like.

Ralph, I'd like to compliment you on your site design - very
professional-looking with no tricks or complicated stuff.  (Nitpick: your
link to Shop at Home is wrong.)  I'm going to start writing down the
inventory from your photos; I may have to ask you about a few part numbers,
if you don't mind.  Thanks for setting this up for us all to drool at - if
anyone had asked me a month ago if I'd be anxious to buy a model-team-type
airplane from Shop at Home, I would have laughed... but not now.  It's gorgeous.

Cheers, Heather
--
Heather Patey
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective