 General / 30110
30109  |  30111
Subject:
Anyone for Legoland Billund this summer?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.billund, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 8 May 2001 11:07:04 GMT

I'm planning on going to Denmark in late July. I'll visit Legoland on
July 29th and 30th. I just read through lugnet.legoland.billund, but
didn't see any mention of the Legoland Hotel, so I'll take pictures and
write up a review. It's pricy, but what the hey, it'll probably be the
only time I ever go to Denmark.

My visit to Denmark is half-structured (a bicycle tour of Zealand) and
half-unstructured (get a rental car and drive around). My wife already
knows that my agenda is to try to discover toy stores in small towns
that haven't been plundered to death. We took a tour of Ireland a couple
of years ago before my current legomania but we didn't see any toy
stores in the little villages and I would have noticed. Ireland and
Denmark have roughly similar populations so I'm not getting my hopes up,
much.

We won't be taking any big ferry rides so I doubt I'll get a chance at
those sets. Any must-visit towns or toy stores? We'll spend a fair
amount of time in Copenhagen.

Also, what's your experience with English in Denmark? Is it possible to
get by in English, or does most of the population speak only Danish?

Thanks

Cary