 General / 30021
  Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

Does anyone know all the different sizes of the Technic “ball and axle” parts seen in the Star Wars Technic “Stormtrooper” and “C3PO”? I am making some “home made” versions of these parts and I need to know the different lengths of the axles. Also, (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

Jay, The Throwbot "ankle" part, as seen on: (URL) the ball and socket joint used in the Stormtrooper (I'm not sure about C3PO, I don't have it). As for the "ball and axle" part, the image is missing the little black ball that fits into the socket, (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) Thanks T.J. I just assumed the axles were attached. Well, this puts a slight crimp in my “home made” version of these parts, I guess my parts will simply have permanent axles. It won’t be as accurate to the real thing, but it is a lot cheaper (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) Okay, I see the problem. Try it without the "p" on the end: (URL) is in Jim Hughes' web site "Technica". If you're not familiar, he has an excellent reference on technic parts. The link above goes to the "Joints" section of the "Throwbots" (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) Thanks again T.J., "Technica" will come in handy, I particularly like how there are links to sets with the part your referencing. Thanks again for your help. Jay (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) AFAIK, the new ball-with technic axle hole only comes with Technic C-3P0 or Stormtrooper, and not any of the Throwbots. I don't think it comes in Bionickles either, but I could be mistaken. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) Thanks mark. I have to say, I am somewhat frustrated that a great mecha part like the “Ball/w axle-hole” is in fairly large and expensive sets, though I am very happy they exist in the first place. Oh well, maybe they will show up in a cheaper (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) Check out set numbers 8500, 8503, & 8505 (or any of the sets in the Throwbot/Slizer section) on the Lugnet set reference. Many of the sets contain the part in question. Look at the ankle joint of the 2-legged Throwbot/Slizer-what...-they-are. (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) No, the Slizers don't have the ball joint thing, only various joint with ball connections. This thread was about the single ball joint element with an axle hole. The black ball joint with axle hole is, as far as I know, only available in the (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) them. (...) The bionicle sets have that part! It is seen best on Tahu's chest. I'm not sure, but I think the stone bionicle (stone, not earth) has 2 of these. Can someone confirm this? NICK (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) Yes, as I said in my previous article on this group, Pohatu has two of the elements. Fredrik (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) Thanks T.J. now I know the different lengths to cut my axles. I stated this thread to get info about the “Ball/w axle-hole” I have several of the socket pieces to which you refer, I think they come in every throwbot set. Thanks for the help. (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) Thanks Fredrik, I am glad to hear the “Ball/w axle-hole” part comes in smaller sets especially since those sets are from the Bionicle series. I like the simplicity of these compared to the throwbots, I just hope they will be cheaper than the (...) (23 years ago, 5-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) I don't have the sets myself, but I've heard that there is four or five of them in either of the sets. Does that sound plausible? Fredrik (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) The ball only has a hole in one side, and half of a 2-long axle sticks out. HTH ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic "Ball and Axle" part question.

(...) You get 5 with C-3P0. ~Grand Admiral Muffin Head (23 years ago, 6-May-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)