 General / 29797
  tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

For the Lego®-fair in Muelheim/Germany on April the 22nd, I had prepared a new building for the FGLTCs train layout. This has been presented today at the meeting in Mülheim You will find pictures of the day there in at least 4 new galleries by (...) (23 years ago, 22-Apr-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

WOW! That is really some FANTASTIC architecture. What a wonderful building. I like the extreme amount of detail. Great job! Brad Reinhard "Ben" Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> wrote in message news:GC7ss4.Ap5@lugnet.com... (...) new (...) details (...) (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) What set or sets did the tan columns come from? ...Allan (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) Thanks! :-) (...) At least 5988 The Temple of Anubis offers some of them. I bought some more via B-O-A order at 1000steine.de. I have no idea, whereelse to get that brick: castle? Star Wars bucket? Regards, Ben (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) Art History so I could more properly gush about the pediements, friezes and whatever caps the windows. George (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) first, and I love the doors, particularly the single door on the balcony. Curious that the roof went on so early. Were you in a hurry to see what it'd look like, or is it necessary structurally? Also, did you manage to do this without many tan (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) That was mainly because I was short of blue roof bricks. So I started with the roof to check out how big it could get. Then I checked the proportions by putting the roof on the pillars. I realized a little later that the building was not well (...) (23 years ago, 23-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) Ben - That is amazing! I love the design and the statues above the doorway add a nice touch. I can't really say anything that hasn't already been said, but you did an excellent job! :) Joel J (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) Well I will add something that hasn't been said, I think that the blue roof complements the tan color quite nicely. This is an outstanding example of why LEGO Direct needs to get us some STEEP SLOPED ROOF pieces, always one of the harder to (...) (23 years ago, 24-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) details (...) Thanks to Joel, Gary and all others for your comments. (...) In fact, that is right. I love the combination of these colours alot. (...) LEGO (...) to (...) just (...) I (...) get my (...) harder to (...) On the other hand nobody (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

Reinhard \"Ben\" Beneke wrote: <snip> (...) Well I too am a builder and a collector. I have gotten a lot of rare parts, mostly from Germany. I am now purchasing 4 of the 1x4x5 yellow windows, only ever available in a 1982 Town House set (2 per (...) (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

(...) The comment that really irks me from page 43 of 'THE ULTIMATE LEGO BOOK', "Every model is built using LEGO elements that are available in the shops (no cheating is allowed)." I guess they don't mention colours though. pete.w (23 years ago, 25-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)

  Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time

Ben, Ben, you never fail to amaze me. I mean, wow. I could rave for hours about that awesome Chateau. I love everything I see, and I'm (not for the first time, IIRC) surprised by your ability to combine large-scale architecture with such painstaking (...) (23 years ago, 27-Apr-01, to lugnet.general)