 General / 29819
Re: tan coloured Chateau is finished in time
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:43:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
You will find some pictures of the building process, of some building
details and of the finished building under the URL:
http://195.88.140.13/gallery/g72/

Very nice detailing. I like the second story window treatments better than the
first, and I love the doors, particularly the single door on the balcony.

Curious that the roof went on so early. Were you in a hurry to see what it'd
look like, or is it necessary structurally?

That was mainly because I was short of blue roof bricks. So I started with the
roof to check out how big it could get. Then I checked the proportions by
putting the roof on the pillars. I realized a little later that the building
was not well proportioned and I enlarged the width. I managed to do so without
the need for more sloped bricks by adding the windows into the roof.
In the small version I have had enough lion heads for all windows, later I had
to substitute them by creativity.

Also, did you manage to do this without many tan 1x1's, or do you happen to
have a bunch of them?

I think I have not more than a dozen of them. But I have had lots of 1x3x1 from
the Oasis Ambush set. The whole building was really fragile as long as I just
built the outer walls. Later I mounted pounds of white bricks in the inside
(esspecially the corners) to stabilize the structure.

Leg Godt!

Ben